The 800-calorie diet meal plan is based on limiting calories consumed during the day to 800 calories, but behind this trend is the personal experience of a British doctor named Michael Mosley.
- The 800-Calorie Diet Meal Plan Aims To:
- 800 calories Diet Meal Plan Stages
- What Foods Are Recommended Within The 800-Calorie Diet Plan?
- A One-Day Program Of The 800-Calorie Diet
- What Foods You Should Avoid Within The 800-Calorie Diet Plan?
It may seem from the title that the 800-calorie diet meal plan depends on limiting the number of calories consumed during the day to 800 calories, but behind this trend is the personal experience of a British doctor named Michael Mosley. He was later diagnosed with diabetes, which prompted him to do some research on a healthy lifestyle.
You start with a diet called the 5:2 diet and then develop this diet into an 800-calorie diet or an 800 fast (in English: The Fast 800).
The 800-calorie diet was created based on the latest scientific discoveries, it is a combination of intermittent fasting, and the Mediterranean diet with exercise, in addition to the freedom of choice to replace one of the main meals with a low-calorie drink.
In this regard, we note that the Mediterranean diet (one of the components of the 800 fasting diet). Is one of the diets that was voted in 2019 as the best diet in the world and the favorite of nutritionists. We note from the above that the 800-calorie diet is concerned with: food components, quantities of Food and when to eat it.
The 800-Calorie Diet Meal Plan Aims To:
Looking at the stages of the 800-calorie diet, we note that the diet aims in the first weeks to lose weight quickly (10-20% of body weight), as the designer of this diet believes that the rapid weight loss in the first weeks is a motivating factor to continue successfully in this diet.
Maintaining Muscle Mass And Improving Burning Processes In The Body
This is due to intermittent fasting within this diet. In addition to the type of food in it, You should mainly take from the Mediterranean diet, which includes foods that are low in carbohydrates, high in proteins, and relatively fats.
Controlling Blood Sugar Levels
Especially in patients with type 2 diabetes, and prevention of diabetes in people in the pre-diabetes stage; This is also thanks to intermittent fasting and low-glycemic foods.
Enhance The Feeling Of Satiety
By replacing one of the main meals with one of the low-calorie drinks, these drinks stimulate the burning.
The Diversity Of The Stages Of This Diet Makes It Suitable For a Large Segment Of People.
800 calories Diet Meal Plan Stages
The First Stage: The Rapid Weight Loss
This phase of the 800-calorie diet includes an intense diet of 800 calories per day for eight weeks. The duration may be shorter or longer depending on the number of kilograms the person wants to lose. Note that the minimum period for the first stage is two weeks, and the longest period is 12 weeks.
Studies indicate that continuing for 12 weeks in the first stage leads to a continuous drop in weight. In addition to improving blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes, and their approach to full recovery, linking this diet with diabetes medications, under the supervision of a doctor. The specialist.
The Second Stage: Stage 5:2
The second phase of the 800-calorie diet is more flexible than the first phase. During two days of the week, 800 calories are consumed during the day along with intermittent fasting, and for the remaining five days. You can eat the amount he wants without calculating the calories while adhering to the quality of foods recommended in the diet.
This stage is more suitable for daily life than the first stage. But it takes a longer period in terms of reaching the weight and the required blood sugar levels.
The Third Stage: The Stage of Stabilization And Weight Maintenance
The last stage of the 800-calorie diet is the stage of maintaining and stabilizing weight. Where this stage does not include calculating calories, and therefore weight loss is less than in the previous stages, and the same applies to blood sugar levels.
Also, this stage is mainly based on the Mediterranean diet. During this stage, you can move between the three stages according to the weight goals.
This stage is a suitable lifestyle for diabetics, and also to maintain weight. But you should follow more exercises than in the previous stages.
What Foods Are Recommended Within The 800-Calorie Diet Plan?
- Eggs: whether boiled, scrambled, or omelet. You can eat it at the beginning of the day because it enhances the feeling of satiety for a long period of time.
- Full-fat milk: You can mix berries, strawberries, or blueberries, or sprinkle with nuts.
- Healthy fats and oils: such as eating salmon, tuna, and mackerel. oils such as olive oil; Putting a small amount of oil on vegetables improves their taste and enhances the absorption of vitamins from them. Other useful fat sources are rapeseed and coconut oil for cooking.
- Legumes: such as lentils and beans, increase the feeling of fullness.
- Use butter instead of ghee.
- Nuts: They are a good source of proteins, salts, and vitamins, and contain beneficial fats, and a large amount of fiber. You can add nuts to salads, and they are an alternative to flour in baked goods. Also, you can use Almond flour instead of flour.
A One-Day Program Of The 800-Calorie Diet
The 800-Calorie Diet Plan Breakfast (Total: 164 Calories) Includes:
- Two boiled eggs (142 calories).
- One medium tomato (22 calories).
The 800-Calorie Diet Meal Plan Lunch (Total: 287 Calories) Includes:
- 1 cup of tuna preserved in water (142 calories).
- A vegetable salad consisting of:
- Two cups of watercress (37 calories).
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts (57 calories)
- 2 tablespoons of light Italian dressing (29 calories)
- 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese (32 calories).
Dinner (Total: 349 Calories) Includes:
- Half a capsicum stuffed with rice and meat (259 calories).
- One small banana (90 calories).
What Foods You Should Avoid Within The 800-Calorie Diet Plan?
- Processed or refined carbohydrates, such as white sugar, sweets, and starches such as bread, pasta, and white rice. Instead of starches, you can eat quinoa and oats.
- Low-fat processed products: Where sugar is usually added to make them taste acceptable. They are not as healthy as most people think.
- Salted or sweetened nuts.