Flash Leader-Board
Adding salt to the injury, Bobi Wine referred to the CID

Robert Kyagulanyi, the Kyadondo East legislator commonly known as Bobi Wine, turned down his police summons meant for Friday 26 of April at police Directorate and Criminal Investigations Department (CID) in Kibuli.

Bobi Wine was expected to report at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations on Friday at 2pm, to record a statement and interrogation.

After one hour, Bobi Wine’s lawyers arrived and were later engaged in a closed door meeting with the police, where they reasoned out their client’s inability to appear before them.

They said that the summons arrived rather late and Bobi Wine had other urgent meetings to attend.

“And as a law abiding citizen, he did communicate through us his lawyers his inability to appear today, because the summons was received in a short notice and he had other commitments that he was committed to earlier. So, through us his lawyers, he communicated to the leadership of CID his willingness to comply with the summons.”

In the police summons, Wine is accused of inciting violence and defying orders when he proceeded with his Kyalenga extra music show on Easter Monday, after police blocked it.

And in the process both police and Bobi Wine’s lawyers agreed to hold the session on Monday 29th of April 2019.

“His Lawyers they came to Kibuli and reported on his behalf. We had a brief chart with them, and we agreed that they will be producing him on Monday at exactly 11am. So, we are waiting for you,” Vincent Ssekatte, police spokesperson CID said.

“Well for us it’s not our job to speculate, we will wait for the Uganda police force to prefer charges against him and we will respond appropriately. In the summons they were talking about disobeying orders from the Inspector General of Police,” Benjamin Katana, Bobi Wine’s lawyer stated.

At the burial ceremony of Bugiri District chairperson, Sirajye Byabala, Bobi Wine said he escaped from prison, in his own house to attend the burial. A statement which contradicted the one police gave out, police said earlier that there was no military presence at his house in Magere at the time he moved out. This means that one of the two told lies.