- How to make plantain chips
- Nutritional information in Plantain Chips
- How to use plantain chips
- Major Health Benefits
- Drawbacks of excessive use of plantain chips
Plantain is included in a group of banana varieties that is renowned as a versatile starch to be used for a sweet and savory taste in chips.
There are a lot of tropical areas in which it is being used as a staple food that could be boiled or fried.
And then, a lot of spices could be added to enjoy its best flavor but its most common combinations are coconut juice, sugar, or refining as flour.
Plantains originated from southeast Asia basically but different types of it could be grown in India, Africa, Egypt, and many other countries as well.
How to make plantain chips
For the formation of plantain chips ingredients being used are green plantains, avocado oil, and sea salt. Here is a guideline to make them ready:
- Before starting preheat your oven to 300 degrees. And prepare a baking dish by addition of oil, grease, or some kind of baking paper in it.
- After that Peel off your plantains and cut them lengthwise by using a knife for it.
- Also, Cut these plantains in the form of thin slices and pour them out into a bowl.
- After adding in a bowl add avocado oil on it and make an even coating of it on them.
- Arrange these plantains in the baking dish by sprinkling a little salt and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When you found these are cooked well and evenly baked remove them from the oven and be able to serve now.
Nutritional information in Plantain Chips
According to research some of the nutritional information and analysis on its chips are given as: They are rich in fats, saturated fat, sodium, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, sugar, proteins, calcium, and iron in trace amounts.
How to use plantain chips
Some of the ways by which plantain chips could be used are:
- Plantain fufu
- Easy and delicious bread
- Spicy black bean tacos
- Crispy salted tostones
- Caribbean and avocado salad
- Crazy easy pan-fried plantain patties
- Sweet plantain gnocchi with garlic brown butter
- Plantain tortillas
- Mashed plantains are sweet and savory
- Sweet and smoky stew
- Pastelon sweet lasagna
- Coconut sugar caramelized plantains
Major Health Benefits
Good for skin
Plantain chips are obsessed with high content of vitamins particularly vitamin A and vitamin C. both of these are best for our skin to make it fresh and healthy. Moreover, the presence of antioxidants in vitamin C protects our skin and prevents tissues from damaging as well. Furthermore, vitamin C regulates normal mineral and iron absorption as well.
Benefit for the immune system
There is an adequate quantity of fats is present in plantain chips to support our immune system. Additionally, the level of antibodies increases to fight any kind of antigen or pathogen which could harm our body. Particularly, the capability of our body to fight diseases increases at a remarkable level.
Low in sodium
As per serving of plantain chips, there is a minimum content of sodium that enables us to stay away from a lot of chronic diseases. Like we could be protected from blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases by having these in modernism.
Plantain for bone health
There is some content of vitamin K which is required for our body to maintain all its body functions and metabolism. And one-fourth of it could be taken by using it in our regular diet. That quantity of vitamin K maintains the removal of blood. Furthermore, it is best for our bone health as well to let us stay away from osteoporosis.
All types of protein deficiencies could be recovered by having it because they are enriched with proteins that are responsible to maintain our body weight. Furthermore, the process of digestion remains maintained by its craving of eating reduces up to a remarkable level and you will be more in shape then. In addition to all these positive sides, these are also able to maintain our energy level maintained to keep us active.
Drawbacks of excessive use of plantain chips
As plantain chips are full of health benefits but their excessive intake could cause some health benefits as well:
- High sodium content in it could raise blood pressure to a remarkable level.
- That could lead to strokes, a lot of cardiovascular problems, and difficulties in blood regulation in coronary arteries.
- High plantain intake could also suffer from kidney problems or raise kidney stones also.
- The risk of diabetes increases up to a remarkable level by its over-intake.
- They could also be responsible to raise the level of blood cholesterol.
What are plantains?
Plantain is included in a group of banana varieties that is renowned as a versatile starch to be used for a sweet and savory taste.
Give nutritional facts about plantains.
They are rich in fats, saturated fat, sodium, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, sugar, proteins, calcium, and iron in trace amounts.
In which ways these could be used?
Sweet plantain gnocchi with garlic brown butter, Plantain tortillas, Mashed plantains sweet and savory, Sweet and smoky plantain stew, Pastelon sweet plantain lasagna
How plantain chips are healthy?
These are good for skin, bones, heart health, weight loss, and teeth, support our immune system, and have many more positive signs leaves on our health.
In which areas plantains could be grown?
Asia basically but different types of it could also be grown in India, Africa, Egypt, and many other countries.