When you suffer from any kind of infection in the kidneys, bladder, urinary tract, or bladder that is included in the type of urinary tract infection. In most cases, it occurs due to the presence of bacteria or some fungi there depending on some particular conditions. In this article, we are going to know everything about it from symptoms to causes and how it could be treated if happens including some home remedies as well of UTI.
Symptoms of uti
Symptoms of urinary tract infection could vary that depends upon a lot of factors, such as which part infection happened, the health status of a person, or the severity of the problem. But some of these are the most commonly observed symptoms.
- The sensation of pain or burning during urination
- The frequent urge to urination
- Strong smelling urine
- Blood in urine
- Pain in back
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Feelings of tiredness or fatigue
- Fever and chilling
In case of any such situation, it is good to seek advice from your healthcare provider.
How to diagnose UTI
There are a lot of ways by which analysis of urinary tract infections could be analyzed:
- urine analysis in which a sample of urine is taken and checked in the laboratory to know the presence of bacteria or other microorganisms in it.
- One other highly effective way is a urine test by application of the method of urine culture to determine any kind of microorganisms in it.
- In case of severe urinary tract infection, it is being tested by using an imaging test. That could be done by ultrasound, scanning, or some other ways as well.
- One more method that could be used to diagnose all kinds of abnormalities is cystoscopy. In which a camera with a flexible tube is inserted inside the body to scan all inner organs and organelles. It could be expensive a bit but a clear estimation is possible in this way.
These different tests could be done depending upon some particular conditioning of the patient about his health status and symptoms appearing in him.
Antibiotics that could be used for UTI
It is scientifically and biologically proven that urinary tract infection happens due to the overgrowth of bacteria therefore it is also logical that it could be treated by using antibiotics. Here some of the most commonly observed ones are:
- Amoxicillin ceftriaxone
It is also a point to be noted that no one of these would work until you take a complete course of it. No doubt symptoms could be decreased by using a little but for complete eradication of infection taking it in full form is important. Moreover, as you complete the whole of this course undergo one more test to ensure whether the infection is eradicated finely.
How amoxicillin works for uti
Here are the steps by which amoxicillin works to treat urinary tract infections:
- It starts with the initial infection, in which bacteria enter. When this occurs no particular symptoms could be observed.
- After reaching there, bacteria start to grow and continue the process of breeding. By which pulp occurs there with the sensation of inflammation and swelling.
- After the destruction of a particular part, it starts to spread if left untreated. Furthermore, it reaches other parts of the urinary tract and continues spreading infection.
- After that pulp could break and pus from it releases further complications happen.
- If these conditions are left untreated it results in systematic infection. A condition in which infection could spread to all the other parts of the body.
It is clear how much it is important to seek dental care in case of any minor problem
Side effects of amoxicillin for uti
If you are using amoxicillin to treat bacterial infections in the urinary tract, some side effects could happen. If you feel any of them, it is good to get advice from your physician rather than leaving the daily intake of medicine to let bacteria spread more. Some of the most commonly observed side effects are:
- Vomiting and nausea
- Risk of yeast infections
- Allergic reactions
- Skin rashes
- Headache and itching
Home remedies to treat it
There are a lot of home remedies that could work to get relief from some severe symptoms of the urinary tract.
- Bacteria could be flushed out by staying hydrated and drinking plenty of water.
- The risk of infection could also be reduced by frequent urination.
- Cranberry juice or intake of cranberry supplements reduces the risk of urinary tract infection to a minimum.
- Try to increase the intake of probiotics to maintain the level of bacteria in your body.
- Pain in the back or lower abdomen could be reduced by the application of a warm compress there.
- In some severe cases, medications to relieve pain would be used as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
It is the point to be noted that home remedies could only be used to get relief from severe symptoms but inhibition of the growth of bacteria or eradication could not be done by these home remedies.
dosage of amoxicillin
There are a lot of factors on which the dose of amoxicillin depends as body conditioning, body weight, type of infection, and severity of infection. But here are some guidelines you should follow while taking amoxicillin.
- In case of mild infection if it is of ear infection, urinary tract infection, or sinus infection in indults, then the typical dose is 500mg which should be taken after every 8 to 115 hours.
- In case of severe infections as it is of any kind of pneumonia dose should be 800 to 1200mg after 8 to 12 hours.
- In the case of pediatric patients, the dose is according to the age and weight of the child. That will range from 20 to 90 mg that is divided into 2 to 3 parts per day.
- In case of any kidney or liver infection, it should be used according to the status of the infection or the range of it by which infection could be avoided.
To make you aware of all the signs or symptoms to diagnose in urinary tract infection, all the descriptions are illustrated. If you find these it is good to seek advice from your healthcare provider for its diagnosis and prescription of antibiotics.