Eezzy-of-Tumbiza-Sound song
Tumbiza Sound is a hit song that has been trending since last year. FILE PHOTO

Eezzy has blamed the health ministry for inflicting losses on him after they enticed him to withdraw any promotions of his – song Tumbiza Sound.

Musician Eric Opoka alias Eezzy has blamed the health ministry for inflicting losses on him after they enticed him to withdraw any promotions of his prominent jam Tumbiza Sound.

Tumbiza Sound is a hit song that has been trending since last year. 

The prominent jam gives suggestions of how government can reopen bars in adherence to the COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures. It also talks about allowing people to quarantine and stay in bars for 14 days.

Because of this, the Ministry of Health in December last year wrote to the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) demanding the suspension of Tumbiza from being aired on any broadcast media.

In a letter dated December 4 2020, Mwebesa noted that the song does not only misinform but also creates complacency among the public towards the COVID-19 guidelines.

“Currently, the Ministry of Health is working with the UCC and the Ministry of Information Communication Technology and National Guidance to effectively deliver Health Promotion and Education information to the public,” part of Mwebesa’s letter read.

“It has been noted with concern that there is a song being broadcasted on electronic and social media with messages contradicting the Ministry of Health standard operating procedures on COVID-19 prevention titled Tumbiza Sound’ by Eric Opoka A.K.A EeZzy. The message in the song has, in turn, caused misinformation among different audiences and subsequently creating complacency among the public,” It added.

Days later, the musician was called on to appear before officials from the health ministry to respond to the same allegations.

In response, the Ministry directed him to sing a remix of the same song but, this time around sensitizing people on what to do and how they can minimise the spread of the COVID-19. 

The Ministry also requested him to pause any promotions regarding the old jam. With now over a month since the directive, the musician says that he met all that required but the Ministry has since kept a deaf ear. 

Eezzy-of-Tumbiza-Sound song
Tumbiza Sound is a hit song that has been trending since last year. FILE PHOTO

In an interview with NBS TV’s UnCUT programme, Eezzy said that the Ministry requested him to write a new song and forward to them the lyrics for approval on account that they (MOH) would pay for the audio and video of the new song. 

“They promised that they will cater for the remix and asked me to pause the Tumbiza Sound. No one has called me and yet I submitted the lyrics. I don’t know what is happening,” the musician indicated.

He, however, disclosed that the interference has left his old Jam also not making more views on YouTube than it would have been the case because people were threatened against subscribing to it.

Eezzy says this has in return left him crumbling in losses because the views were helping him save some money more so at a time when the music industry is still under lockdown.

“Those views were bringing me money during the lockdown but they threatened people. I wanted to do the remix but they did not send me money. I call upon the government to look into my issues,” Eezzy said.