A 3-day push pull legs workout routine is a great workout plan for anyone looking to progress in their fitness journey.
- What Is The Mechanism of The Push Pull Legs Routine?
- Push Pull Legs Routine Important Advantages and Benefits:
- Push Pull Leg Routine 3 Days
- Day 1 of Push Pull Legs Routine : Push
- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Dumbbell Incline Chest Press
- Bodyweight Triceps Dips in Push Pull Legs Routine
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises
- Day 2 of Push Pull Legs Routine : Rest.
- Day 3 of Push Pull Legs Routine : Pull
- Close Grip EZ Barbell Curls
- Cable Pulldown.
- Dumbbell Shrugs
- Day 4 of Push Pull Legs Routine: Rest.
- Day 5 of Push Pull Legs Routine: Legs
- Barbell Squat
- Romanian Deadlifts
- Quadriceps Leg Extensions.
Push pull legs workout routine 3 days is the perfect workout plan for many who are looking to advance on their fitness journey.
Push Pull Legs is a new exercise system that divides your body into three muscle groups, each day you will work out in one group.
This allows your body to work out all its muscles in just 3 days and with great professionalism!
What Is The Mechanism of The Push Pull Legs Routine?
This system divides the body into three muscle groups, each group has a single day of exercise distributed in the following way:
First Day Workout: Push
Second Day Workout: Pull
It is an exercise dedicated to the muscles that we use to pull a certain thing towards the body. These muscles are: (the back muscle, the back shoulder muscle, the traps muscles, the triceps muscle, and the lumbar muscles).
Third-Day Workout: Legs
It is an exercise for the lower part of the body. Its muscles are: (front leg muscles, back leg muscles, and calf muscles).
Push Pull Legs Routine Important Advantages and Benefits:
- All the muscles of the body can be exercised in just 3 days.
- Also, it is suitable for athletes who want to play cardio continuously and maintain muscle mass.
- Suitable for people who want to do high volume and build muscle, push day, pull day, leg day and rest day.
- A very good and effective way to exercise every muscle in your body in a week.
Push Pull Leg Routine 3 Days
Below, we will introduce you to a Push Pull Legs routine in 3 days, that includes different exercises separated by a rest day. Where you can follow it with ease weekly 3 days of exercises. It is suggested that you perform 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetitions of each exercise, resting for 2-3 minutes between sets.
Day 1 of Push Pull Legs Routine : Push
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and sit on a bench with support.
- Lift the dumbbells straight up over your thighs.
- With the help of the two thighs, push each dumbbell up and bring it to shoulder height on each side.
- Rotate the wrists so that the palms of your hands are in front. This will be the starting position.
- Then push the dumbbells up to the top and exhale.
- Pause for two seconds and then slowly return to the starting position as you breathe in.
Dumbbell Incline Chest Press
- Hold the dumbbells and place them up in the starting position, directly above your chest, keeping your elbows bent and forearms up.
- Then push the dumbbells up in a straight motion, focusing on the chest muscles and targeting them in a focused manner during the movement.
- Lift the dumbbells as high as you can without moving your elbows.
- Then slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
Bodyweight Triceps Dips in Push Pull Legs Routine
- Start by gripping parallel bars, or you can use a chair too.
- By putting your hands on the edge of a chair or bench.
- Facing away from it as your back will be in front of the chair.
- Star with your arms straight and bend your hips and knees.
- Then lower your body by bending your arms, making sure you feel a stretch in your chest.
- After that push, yourself back up slowly, making sure that your arms will be fully extended again.
Dumbbell Lateral Raises
- Choose a dumbbell and sit on a bench.
- Hold the dumbbells so that your thumbs are pointing forward and your arms are down at your sides.
- While keeping your torso stable, raise the dumbbells at your side with a slight bend at the elbow and hands slightly bent forward.
- Then keep going up until the arms are parallel to the floor.
- Breathe out and hold for a second.
- Then lower the dumbbells and slowly return to the starting position and inhale.
Day 2 of Push Pull Legs Routine : Rest.
Day 3 of Push Pull Legs Routine : Pull
Close Grip EZ Barbell Curls
- Lie on a flat bench with a weighted zigzag bar.
- Using a narrow grip, lift the bar and keep it straight above your torso and your elbows inward.
- The arms should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Then lower the bar down (below the chest) and inhale.
- Keep your elbows inward.
- Then use your triceps to push the bar back up.
- Finally, press to return to the starting position by extending the elbows as you exhale.
- Sit with your thighs under the support pads.
- And grasp a cable bar slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Then you can pull the cable bar down to your upper chest.
- Keep your lower back slightly curved.
- Then return to the starting position slowly by straightening your arms.
- Stand holding the dumbbells.
- Then raise your shoulders as high as you can reach.
- Hold yourself for two seconds and squeeze the shoulder muscles.
- Take a breath until you come back to the starting point.
Day 4 of Push Pull Legs Routine: Rest.
Day 5 of Push Pull Legs Routine: Legs
- Stand under the bar on the exercise machine with the bar behind your neck and hold it by the sides.
- Begin with your knees bent, and lower down as if you were going to a sitting position until your knees form a 90-degree angle.
- Then return the bar to the starting point by extending the knees and legs completely, lifting the body up.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Also, Bend your hips and push your lower back as far as you can get back.
- Then push your lower body to the back, creating pressure in the hamstrings.
- Keep your body bent throughout the exercise.
- When your hips can’t make any additional backward movement, pause for a few seconds, then slowly return to the starting position.
Quadriceps Leg Extensions.
- Start with sitting on a leg extension machine,
- Then extend your knees and make sure to straighten your legs.
- Finally, bend your knees slowly back to the starting position.