Uganda discharges more 47 patients
(Dr Henry. G. Mwebesa) Uganda discharges more 47 patients from Entebbe Referral hospital upon recovering from the deadly coronavirus.

Uganda discharges more 47 patients from Entebbe Referral hospital upon recovering from the deadly coronavirus.

Over 351 people have so far recovered from the deadly coronavirus according to a statement released by the Uganda Ministry of Health (MOH) on June 15.

This comes after a total of 47 patients were discharged from Entebbe Referral hospital yesterday upon recovering from COVID-19 making it the highest number of people to be discharged in a single day.

Part of the Ministry statement confirms 19 more people have tested positive for the coronavirus bringing the total number of cases in Uganda to 724.

The new cases were recorded from a total of 2,212 samples tested countrywide. Six of the cases were from 1,451 samples tested via the points of entry.

According to the Director Health Services, Dr Henry. G. Mwebesa, 13 cases of the new cases were from 761 samples of alerts and contacts.

“Six of the confirmed cases are truck drivers. Four arrived from South Sudan via Elegu point of entry, two arrived from Kenya via Malaba point of entry.

“13 of the confirmed cases are alerts and contacts to the previously confirmed cases. These include six contacts from Jinja, two from Amuru, two from Kyotera, one from Toronto, one from Gulu one from Wakiso districts,” Dr Mwebesa said.

Relatively, Dr Mwebesa said that an additional 25 foreign truck drivers including 13 Kenyans, nine Tanzanians, two Burundians and one Congolese who tested positive for COVID-19 have been returned to their respective countries of origin.

The new figures now mean that Uganda has a total of 724 COVID-19 infections with 351 recoveries and so far no particular individual has yet succumbed to the virus.

Uganda discharges more 47 patients
(Dr Henry. G. Mwebesa) Uganda discharges more 47 patients from Entebbe Referral hospital upon recovering from the deadly coronavirus.

Meanwhile, the MOH calls upon the general public to desist from stigmatizing people who have recovered from coronavirus insisting that all those discharged have fully recovered from the virus.

The Ministry also continues to remind Ugandans to continue adhering to all preventive guidelines in place to help mitigate the spread of the virus. 

During her last address to the nation, the Health Minister, Dr Jane Ruth Aceng stressed that another lockdown might be required in case community cases hit the rise.

She said that many Ugandans more so those who have access to taxi and bus parks, as well as markets, are no longer following the necessary measures such as wearing masks and maintaining social distance.

Aceng who raised worries about the negligence displayed by locals said that the acts might increase to COVID-19 infections countrywide.