Airtel customers in Uganda can send cash to Kenyan recipients without any intermediaries using outbound international money transfers. With Airtel Money, you can transfer money directly to Kenyans at a price between UGX 900 and UGX 58,000.
Outbound international money transfers enable Airtel Uganda customers to send cash to Kenyan recipients without involving an intermediary. With Airtel Money, you can transfer money directly to Kenyan recipients at competitive market rates of up to UGX 58,000.
An Airtel consumer can take the actions listed below to send money to another number in Kenya:
- Dial *185#,
- Choose 1: “Send Money,”
- Select Option 4: International Transfer.
- Choose a country, Kenya – Option 9
- Choose whether to send to MPESA (option 1) or Airtel Kenya (Option 2)
- Type the receiver’s number
- Enter the Amount,
- Enter the reason for sending the money
- To confirm, enter your PIN.
- A confirmation SMS that the payment was delivered successfully will be sent to your number.
A single transaction might be for as little as UGX500 or as much as UGX5,000,000. The daily maximum is UGX12,500,000.
When sending money to Kenya, an Airtel client is charged a tiered rate as shown in the table below.
For sending money from Airtel mobile money in Uganda to Kenya, the customer does not pay any taxes.
Airtel customers can only send money in Uganda shillings, but they can see how much the recipient would get in Kenya shillings before entering their PIN for confirmation.