Interested in becoming a Diamond Trust Bank agent? Find out the detailed steps and requirements to join the network of trusted agents and offer essential banking services in your community.
As of now, Diamond Trust Bank has over 800 bank agents and you can become one of them. To become a trusted Diamond Trust bank agent, you must own a business that is fully licensed and it should have been at least one year in existence.
Examples of such businesses include petrol stations, a supermarket, a pharmacy, a retail shop, a hardware store, Mobile money kiosk among others.
DTB agents help customers make cash deposits, cash withdrawals, and school fee payments, provide mini statements and provide account balances to customers.
In this article, you’ll find information concerning the Requirements to become a DTB bank agent, what you get, Benefits, and charges.
What you get when you become an Agent Banker
- You get an account that comes with a state-of-the-art Point of Sale Terminal POS for operating your agent banking business.
- Float Account
- Commission settlement
- Direct Counter Withdrawals
- Direct Counter deposits
- Floating at any DTB/ABC Bank agent
- Zero Minimum Balance
- It can be used with Internet banking
Benefits of Agent Banking with DTB
- A financial partnership that is affordable
- Quick Access to deposit counters
- A free E-statement
- Free Internet banking from anywhere.
How much is charged?
After a one-time payment, you enjoy an affordable partnership with Diamond Trust Bank. The setup is free and there are no other charges. Below is a simple breakdown of the charges.
- Zero Monthly charges
- Free E-statement
- Free counter cash deposits
- Zero Ledger fees
- Agent setup fees of UGX 1,000,000.
- Minimum opening balance of UGX 3,000,000.
- The minimum account balance can be zero.
Requirements to Become a Diamond Trust Bank Agent
To become a Diamond Trust Bank Agent, you must be registered and licensed by available regulatory bodies in Uganda such as Uganda Registration Service Bureau, National Drug Authority, and The NGO Bureau.
- Business registration documents such as certificate of registration, memorandum, articles of association, and particulars of ownership.
- One-year company statement(management accounts or audited accounts)
- The Directors’ particulars such as identification documents, financial card, national ID, Interpol letter of good conduct, plus passport photos.
- Board resolution to partner with Diamond Trust Bank for agent banking
- Year Trading license
- Clearance Certificate
The following people are eligible to become Diamond Trust Bank Agents;
- Sole proprietors
- Microfinance Institutions
- Associations and clubs
- Limited companies
And that’s how you become a Diamond Trust Bank Agent. It’s very important that you must have the required documents and most of all have a business that is licensed by any regulatory body in Uganda. Your business must also have been in operation for 1 year.
We hope this information can guide you on the steps to take regarding agent banking with Diamond Trust Bank. For additional information, you can visit a nearby Diamond Trust Bank office.