Money can now be transferred from DFCU bank accounts to mobile money wallets and from mobile money wallets to bank accounts for bank customers.
DFCU Bank customers can now send money from their bank account to their mobile money wallet and also transfer money from their mobile money wallet to their bank account.
You can follow the comprehensive, step-by-step instructions here if you’re looking for how to transfer money from a mobile money account to a DFCU bank account.
Please take note that only those customers that have signed up for DFCU Quick Banking can use this service.
Here’s how to transfer money from your mobile money (MTN & Airtel) account to your DFCU account and vice versa.
Airtel Money to DFCU Bank Account
Through the DFCU quick banking option, you can transfer money from your Airtel wallet to your bank account, and here’s how.
- On your phone, dial *185# and press the OK button.
- Select option 7, which is Financial services.
- There, you’ll see option 1, Banks.
- Choose option 5, DFCU bank.
- Choose option 1, Airtel Money to Bank.
- You’ll be asked to enter your account number.
- Here, you enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- Confirm that the details you entered are correct then proceed by entering your Airtel Money Pin to confirm the transfer.
MTN Mobile Money to DFCU Bank Account
For MTN customers, you can follow these steps to transfer money from your mobile money account to your DFCU Bank Account
- On your phone dial *165# and press the send button.
- After that, select option 6, which is Financial services.
- Under that select option 1, Bank Deposits.
- Choose option 3, DFCU Bank.
- Enter your account number.
- You’ll be asked to enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- Once you do that, you can confirm the transaction by entering your MTN mobile money PIN.
MTN Mobile Money to DFCU Bank transfer fees
- MTN charges UGX 1,500 for amounts in the range of UGX 5,000 to UGX 125,000.
- Any amount above 125,000 means more transfer fees. We recommend checking the MTN mobile money tariffs for a better guide on transactions.
- Maximum Transaction Limit is UGX 5 000 000
- The minimum transaction amount is UGX 500
Mobile Money Transfers With DFCU QuickApp
Using Dfcu QuickBanking, you may now transfer money whenever you want, wherever, between your MTN Mobile wallet and bank account without paying a fee!
Make sure you are signed up for DFCU mobile banking services to be able to make this transfer.
- Assuming you’ve downloaded and installed the DFCU Quick App, you can start by logging in.
- Choose the Transfer option.
- Choose option 3, Mobile Money.
- Select the option “Bank to Wallet“.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- State your reason for sending money such as school fees, electricity, transport, food, etc.
- Lastly, confirm the transaction.
Another option is to use USSD Shortcode
- Dial *240# on your phone
- On the menu press 00 to take you to the next page.
- Choose option 2, Mobile Money.
- Choose option 1, Bank to Wallet.
- Confirm by entering your password.
The Mobile banking service from DFCU bank has made life so much easier for Ugandans. You no longer have to visit the ATM or nearby DFCU bank branch to make a transaction or transfer.
As long as you have your phone and are registered for the DFCU Quick banking, you can make transfers from your mobile money account to your DFCU Bank account within minutes. Please ensure to follow the steps above for a smooth process.