Police have released a statement listing the names of 14 people who died in an accident on Thursday morning on Masaka – Mbarara highway.
The Uganda Police have released a statement that contains the names of fourteen people who were killed in a fatal accident on Masaka-Mbarara highway, early Thursday morning.
The accident which occurred on the morning of Thursday at around 7 am happened after a head-on collision involving a commuter taxi and a trailer.
Police research indicated that a Tanzanian trailer registration number TH77 BVW / T433 BDY Mercedes Benz collided with a Toyota HiAce registration number UBE 995C that was coming from Sembabule-Matete to Kampala.
The trailer driver was overtaking on the wrong side of the road.
14 people died on spot including five females, two male juveniles and seven male adults. With more efforts still underway to identify the clear names of all the victims, the police have released a statement containing some of the names of those they have so far known.
In a statement dated May 06, Muhammad Nsubuga the assistant police spokesperson, Greater Masaka, shared particulars of the victims.
He, however, noted that one victim who’s in critical condition is admitted at Masaka Regional Referral Hospital undergoing treatment.
Below are the names;
- Nakalule Shadia a female juvenile resident of Kasambya Village, Matete Sub County Sembabule District.
- Nankya Maimuna a 70-year-old, resident of Kasambya Village, Mateete Sub-county Sembabule District.
- Nakitto Maimuna a 20-year-old resident of Kasambya Village Sembabule District
- Musasizi Moses a 28-year-old, a Burundi National resident of Bininkiliro Village Sembabule District
- Magero Moses a 49-year-old resident of Kasana Village Mawogola Sub County Sembabule District.
- Mwanje Abubaker a 40-year-old, a Rwandan National resident of Mateete town council Sembabule District
- Kisawuzi Benard a male Juvenile aged 10 years resident of Manyama B zone Mateete town council Sembabule District
- Matuusa Sara a 25-year-old resident of Mateete town council Sembabule District.
- Katete Francis a 58-year-old resident of Mateete sub-county Sembabule District
- Mudiiba Sharim a female juvenile aged 14years resident of Salama Munyonyo Kampala District.
- Natasha Rita aged 18years resident of Bamwede LC1 Sembabule District.
- Galambe Francis, 36 years, a resident of Buyoga village Kayunga Matete Sub County, Sembabule District.
He noted that more efforts are underway to identify all the victims since none had any identification documents on them.
Mr Nsubuga however, indicated that the bodies of the victims have been conveyed to Masaka Regional Referral Hospital for Post mortem examination.