Mbarara City draw Vipers SC in StarTimes Uganda Premier League
Mbarara City picks up a draw against Vipers SC in StarTimes Uganda Premier League. File Photo

Mbarara City picked up a hard-fought 2-2 draw against inform Vipers SC in a game that was played at the St. Mary’s Stadium, Kitende.

Coming into this game, Vipers were looking to maintain their winning form, unfortunately, this was just dreamed of as they dropped their first points of the season

Ibrahim Orit and Hillary Mukundane scored for Mbarara City while informing forward Fahad Bayo grabbed Vipers’ two of the day.

With just 26 minutes into the game, Ibrahim Orit gave Mbarara the lead when he rose highest to nod in Brian Ahebwa’s cross.

Saturday 14th September Results

  • Vipers SC 2-2 Mbarara City
  • Wakiso Giants 0-1 BUL FC

Vipers SC bounced back to level matters through a solo effort goal from their in-form forward Fahad Bayo with less than 25 left to closure.

Instrumental, Bayo doubled his tally to put Vipers’ 2-1 ahead when he nodded in past Mbarara’s goalie in the 80th minute of the game.

The lead was short-lived with Mbarara bouncing back two minutes later, Skipper Hillary Mukundane grabbed a leveller for the Ankole lions.

The draw now puts Vipers SC in the fifth position with seven points in three games, they have two games in hand, while Mbarara City is 10th with five points from five games.

Elsewhere, Wakiso Giants were capitalized to their first loss of the season following a 1-0 defeat to BUL FC in a game played at Kabaka Kyabaggu Stadium.

The loss marked an end to the Purple Sharks’ 100% home record in the league.

Dominating most of the possession of the game, Wakiso looked more determined to comfortably seal the day’s three points.

This nearly paid off as they (Wakiso) came close in the 10th minute of the game through veteran striker Geoffrey Sserunkuuma who is yet to score for the side but his superb header was well kept out by BUL goalkeeper Abdu Kimera.

The purple sharks still had another chance in the 32nd minute, but Tom Masiko’s shot from outside the area missed by inches before Muwadda Kateregga’s header narrowly missed the target from the resultant corner.

On the other side, BUL also got some few chances but Wakiso had goalie Derrick Emukule to thank after his fantastic save denied James Otim in the 28th minute to keep the scores level.

Finally, BUL FC broke the deadlock in the added minutes of the first half after defender Ibrahim Kiyemba unluckily connected into his net.

Defender Ibrahim Kiyemba who has looked solid in recent times for the purple sharks could do nothing as the ball unluckily deflected off him into the back of the net, for the only goal of the game.