Who is Muhumuza Brian Bishanga? Flash Uganda Media looks at his biography, age, early life and education, Father, Career, Humanitarianism and Community work, Honours and Recognition of the current CEO at Bryan Morel Publications.
Muhumuza Brian Bishanga prominently known as Bryan Morel is a Ugandan public relations (PR) and communications consultant, digital marketeer and humanitarian.
He is currently the CEO at Bryan Morel Publications – an inter-continental consultancy firm specializing in media campaigns, editorial, concepts, influencer marketing programs, reputation and crisis management.
Previously, he served as an executive assistant and celebrity publicist, one with heroic courage, certainty and dependability to various clients.
Bryan is involved in philanthropy, healthcare programs and humanitarian research. He upholds a corporate BRAND that makes unanticipated moves.
Early Life and Education
Bryan Morel was born on 04th August 1993 in Mbarara (western Uganda) to his parents Abel Muhumuza and Jovia Kyarimpa.
His uncle Yowath Mugizi raised him in a religious family, demanding humility, devoted resolve, and strictness. He currently lives in Muyenga Tank Hill, Kampala, Uganda.
- Lyakisana Primary School (1996-2006)
- St. Gonzaga SS Kijjukizo (2007-2010)
- Sseke SS High School (2011-2012)
- Makerere University (MUK) (2013-2016)
Bachelor’s Degree in Project Planning & Management
It was at school episodic events that Bryan evolved into a peer educator attracting features in the regional press including, The East African, Uganda Broadcasting Corporation (UBC TV), The New Vision, Weekly Observer, Buzz Teeniez Magazine, City Beat Magazine and Daily Monitor.
- 09th December 2012 Morel joined Diva Awards Afrika during his high school vacation. Bryan Morel provided comprehensive administrative support to the Awards founder Mr Kaggwa Richard.
- 17th July 2015 Bryan was granted intern placement from Makerere University (School of Long-Life Learning) at Banda Community Centre – an Information, Communications and Technology hub in Central Uganda.
- 13th September 2015 Bryan Morel awarded celebrity artistes Juliana Kanyomozi, Halima Namakula, Roz Marie Atim, and Afrigo Band’s Joanita Kawalya at Diva Awards Afrika pre-season launch party.
By the turn of May 2013, Bryan Morel a music fan mobilized and paired support for French-Ugandan pop singer Iryn Namubiru on social media during a viral saga that involved Interpol, Japanese, French and Ugandan governments.
This was following a cancelled show slated at Yotsukaido Cultural Hall in Tokyo, Japan.
He coordinated a fan base for Iryn Namubiru that shared adulation for similar African music luminaries such as Angélique Kidjo (Benin), Juliana Kanyomozi (Uganda), PJ Powers (South Africa), Lady Jaydee (Tanzania) and Nathalie Makoma (Congo/Netherlands).
Professional Projects and Campaigns
- 08 March 2014 Singer Iryn Namubiru assigned Bryan Morel to represent her and management at the Airtel Uganda Women’s Day concert featuring Nyanda Thorbourne of Brick & Lace. On this night, he witnessed the launch of global family planning, gender equality, advocacy for young people to live a positive life and making informed choices.e
- 08th May 2015 Blu*3 entertainer Jackie Chandiru appointed him as her personal assistant tasked with shortlisting, booking interviews, responding to media mails, meetings, organizing choreography rehearsals, hospital reviews, studio time, welfare, communication with top management and screening phone calls.
- 17th August 2015 Bryan Morel organized Jackie Chandiru’s high-end Wotuuse music video premiere in partnership with NBS TV and Tusker Lite.
- 23rd – 24th May 2016 Attendance and performance at the first-ever United Nations (UN) World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul Turkey represented by Angella Katatumba on invitation by Secretary-General Ban-Ki Moon discussing Investment in Philanthropy.
- 01st July 2016 he organized vocalist Angella Katatumba maiden music concert dubbed ‘Mulago Yaffe’ at Kampala Serena Hotel in association with Uganda Bikers and Uganda Cancer Institute.
- 08th August 2016 Angella Katatumba officially appointed and immediately promoted him to Operations manager of her brand and NGO, Angella Katatumba Development Foundation (AKDF).
- 13th June 2017 Bryan Morel was appointed Executive Assistant to supermodel Judith Heard handling her itinerary during Collective Fashion Week in Kigali Rwanda alongside fashion designers Sonia Mugabo, House of Tayo, Moshions, Laduma Ngxokolo (South Africa) and Inzuki. The team later visited Genocide Grounds to mark World Peace Day.
- 09th September 2017 Bryan announced and publicized Angella Katatumba’s first-ever music performance in Austria Europe headlining ‘African Gala’ at Längenfeldgasse 13-15 Street 1120, Vienna.
- 01st July 2019 UK gospel singer Myco Chris announced Bryan Morel as the organizing committee leader of his ‘Give A Hand’ Charity Concert and launch of KAINOS FOUNDATION during a press conference at Kampala Serena Hotel.
- 06th November 2019 Bryan Morel bridged the commercial deal between DSTV Uganda / Multichoice star presenter Sheilah Gashumba and Tecno Mobile in the promotion of their market phone series, Tecno 12 including coordinating other endorsement campaigns on Sheilah’s behalf.
- 02nd June 2021 Morel organized and co-produced the launch of Desire Luzinda Foundation International at Kampala Serena alongside Fenon Records and iCandy. Amongst the guests were Apostle Grace Lubega, Hon. minister Miria Matembe, Edwin Musiime, cabinet minister Godfrey Kiwanda and Hon. Amelia Kyambadde.
- 29th July 2021 he flagged off Sheilah Gashumba to Capetown South Africa for the first Pan-African lifestyle TV show dubbed ‘HOUSE OF CHEFS’ on Honey TV showing on DSTV Channel 173 featuring Harvard University’s viral case-study chef Siba Mtongana.
- 02nd November 2021, he was contracted by Xodus Communications organizers of Forty Under 40 awards Africa (Accra, Ghana) to lead nomination entries in countries like Nigeria, Ethiopia, Liberia, Kenya, Senegal, Burundi, Rwanda, Lesotho, Sudan, Togo, South Sudan, South Africa, Uganda, Libya, Gambia, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mali, Argentina, Burkina Faso and Zambia.
- 31st July 1994 Bryan Morel was orphaned barely a year old when his father died in a grisly motor accident.
- October 2019 the summary of Bryan Morel’s difficult times was reported in 2019 through 2020 after Daily Monitor, a leading newspaper, reported how Covid-19 affected his business. To cope with the ridicule that followed, Bryan Morel turned to sell Sneaker shoe merchandise ‘FeetBit’, naming him their brand ambassador.
Humanitarianism and Community work
- Mr Morel has been a prolific and impactful volunteer to charities and cultural transformations at Angella Katatumba Development Foundation (AKDF), Desire Luzinda Foundation International (DLFI), Judith Heard Foundation, Day One Global and Kainos Foundation. ‘
- Bryan Morel serves dinner to his neighbourhood every thanksgiving as part of his own culture that he adopted when he was still young.
- Since 2016, recipients of Bryan Morel’s humanitarian support include Uplift Children’s Centre Lungujja, Mulago National Referral Hospital and Uganda Cancer Institute.
- 01st July 2016 Bryan together with the Angella Katatumba Development Foundation (AKDF) donated UGX 15M towards Mulago National Referral Hospital from the proceeds of the Mulago Yaffe music concert that he organized at Kampala Serena Hotel.
- 30th September 2016 he attended and shared his 2016 philanthropy PR success alongside music diva Angella Katatumba at the African Philanthropy Forum (APF) exclusive breakfast meeting at the Kampala Sheraton Hotel. The meeting was co-hosted by Nnabagereka Sylvia Nagginda through the Nnabagereka Development Foundation.
Other key speakers were former New Vision CEO Robert Kabushenga, Juliana Omalla of Cheers Delight Ltd, cabinet minister Maria Kiwanuka, UN Women Representative Hodan Addou, APF Executive Directors Ndindi Nwuneli and Tsotsi Masiyiwa who all recognized the two for remarkable social work.
- 30th March 2017 Bryan, Angella Katatumba and Diplomatic corps organized the Black-Tie Dinner at Kampala Serena Hotel, officiated by President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni and President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta. UGX 185M was fundraised and donated to boost the Uganda Cancer Institute.
- 06th July 2020 he handed over 250 Holic Pads sanitary pads to students of Uganda Christian University on the behalf of musicians Desire Luzinda and Sheebah Karungi. This was in regards to Covid-19 effects on menstrual health, especially among the underprivileged.
Sustainable significance for society
- Bryan Morel’s lifetime bequest has progressed into Bryan Morel Academics – an online school facility he established and mentors multicultural talents, publicists, celebrity agents, executive assistants, content writers and website developers running on both traditional and modern syllabus. This globe-traversing enrichment initiative champions students to fully develop their God-given talents and provide the right jobs for the present and the future.
Honours and Recognition
- 05th December 2016 Bryan Morel Publications was recognized by East African Data Strategy and Capacity Building (EADSCB) at a workshop forum at Sheraton Hotel in Kampala, Uganda, among other laureates from different countries basing criteria on heroic rotary and social events.
- 17th January 2017 Bryan Morel was appointed Brand Ambassador for FeetBit, a sneaker line that orders and ships retro shoe brands like Nike, Jordan, New Balance, PUMA, Reebok, Vans, Converse, Adidas and others serving street and corporate lifestyle audiences in East Africa.
- 08th April 2019 Bryan Morel was awarded an Honorary Certification of Merit in Digital Security Skills after attending a two-month’s training program organized by the MENTORS’ NETWORK in association with the DW Akademie, NOT YOUR BODY and German Cooperation (Deutsche Zusammenarbeit) in Kampala, Uganda.
- 02nd November 2021 Xodus Communications organizers of the Forty Under 40 Africa annual Awards in Accra Ghana named him a top trustee to many, an entrepreneur and business master fostering social development across the continent. They cited Bryan Morel’s colossal expertise in Public Relations, branding, strategy and publications.
- Website: https://www.bryanmorel.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: BRYAN MOREL PUBLICATIONS
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/c/BryanMorelMuhumuza
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/bryanmorel_pr
- Instagram: https://www.instagram/bryanmorel.pr